Monday 28 March 2011

Going Dutch!

It's all very odd, but every now and then (like earlier this evening) Plumstead Common becomes completely overrun with Dutch teenagers. They just seem to arrive in a convoy of coaches, stand around for a bit and then go to the Co-op. Presumably our local supermarket is not what draws these kids over from the continent. I thought perhaps there's a sporting event - but then I've never seen any evidence of this and the groups are always mixed. There are no tracksuits in sight - never mind a football. What's going on? It all just seems so terribly random...

1 comment:

  1. I think they are foreign exchange students. I believe the agency which organises these exchange visits pay host families for decent accommodation for our continental friends.

    Before you ask, no I don't know what the agency is called.

    Ik weet het gewoon niet.

    ReplyDelete